Expectations of Swimmers
All swimmers are expected to be at all practices. When conflicts arise such as vacations and appointments please notify the coaches ASAP. If a swimmer practices with another team, he/she must practice with Pinecrest Swim Team on the mornings of meets, in order to be eligible to swim that night. Any excessive disruptive behavior or foul language may be cause for suspension or dismissal from the team.
Coaches will distribute the swimming assignments as evenly as possible among all participants during the regular season. Due to the limited nature of semi-finals, swimmers will be placed according to the fastest times in each event and where the coaches feel that the swimmers will have the best opportunity for success. Times will establish participation in semis and finals.
- No running, wrestling, fighting or any other excessive physical activity is allowed. Save your strength for swimming.
- Do not interfere with the rights of other team members (taking goggles, stepping on towels, flipping towels or goggles, throwing things, etc.)
- Exhibit good sportsmanship at all times.
- Clean up the bullpen area before leaving.
- Older swimmers should be aware of setting a good example for younger swimmers.